MetaProduct User Forums

Offline Explorer Enterprise Edition virtual box

Offline Explorer Enterprise Edition

more details   development history   free download   buy now  

downloading Protected Asp site with annoying temp. cookie logouts

Amanco 9/12/2004 6:46:00 PM
hello Mr. Oleg,

i`ve been trying for 2 days now with no success. using Enterprise 3.3. to download
www.webmentorlibrary.com
login: *********
Pass: ***********
(plz mask both username/pass)

tried different methods suggested here, but no luck.
(1) internak browser --> Alt+Ctrl before clicking LOGIN
(2) added "nosession.html" and "login_error.asp" in the excluded File filters
(3) "IgnoreLogOutLinks" in the URLs
(4) added "webmentorlibrary" in the included server keywords.

Problems:
(1) i still get directed logout links with "There is no Active Session registered at the moment. Please login to view the content of the Books."

(2) having problems downloading the expanding tree in the left menu.

i appreciate your help. thanks.

PS. sorry if this came to you through email as well.

Oleg Chernavin 9/13/2004 7:52:00 AM
Hello,

I was able to load that site. What I did was - I logged on in the Internal Browser (no Alt+Ctrl keys). Then I added a new Project that has the following URL:

http://www.webmentorlibrary.com/files/index.asp

I used Level=1, but you probably need higher level setting. I enabled loading from the starting server and directory in the URL Filters.

This worked well for me. Anyway, please make sure that the Options dialog uses MS IE Cookies and MS IE is set as the user agent identification.

I hope this helps.

Best regards,
Oleg Chernavin
MP Staff
Amanco 9/13/2004 9:12:00 AM
Thank you for your reply Oleg,

your approach seems to work at the start, but after a while (when no browsing) the cookie aparrenlty expires and the project downloads nosession.html for each file (directed logouts). is there anyway with no continous browsing while the project is downloading. thanks

> Hello,
>
> I was able to load that site. What I did was - I logged on in the Internal Browser (no Alt+Ctrl keys). Then I added a new Project that has the following URL:
>
> http://www.webmentorlibrary.com/files/index.asp
>
> I used Level=1, but you probably need higher level setting. I enabled loading from the starting server and directory in the URL Filters.
>
> This worked well for me. Anyway, please make sure that the Options dialog uses MS IE Cookies and MS IE is set as the user agent identification.
>
> I hope this helps.
>
> Best regards,
> Oleg Chernavin
> MP Staff
Oleg Chernavin 9/13/2004 9:28:00 AM
I am afraid, no. Many sites expire cookies after a while to prevent mass downloading them.

Oleg.
Amanco 9/13/2004 9:55:00 AM
oh too bad.

is there any command that can refresh the page automatically in the internal browser?

> I am afraid, no. Many sites expire cookies after a while to prevent mass downloading them.
>
> Oleg.
Oleg Chernavin 9/13/2004 10:56:00 AM
No. And perhaps you will be forced to enter the username/password again, so simple refresh doesn`t help here.

Oleg.
Amanco 9/13/2004 3:46:00 PM
Do you suggest anyway to download the site even if i multipart the site and download each section day by day without any logouts? thanks

Aman

> No. And perhaps you will be forced to enter the username/password again, so simple refresh doesn`t help here.
>
> Oleg.
Oleg Chernavin 9/14/2004 6:31:00 AM
Yes, you can take a link to each particular book, like:

http://www.webmentorlibrary.com/Files/DisplayMainFrame.asp?DocRef={0000-0024}

and download it with Level=2. Then take another URL and so on.

Oleg.
Amanco 9/14/2004 11:13:00 AM

Thanks Oleg,
i wil try this way.

regards,

AmanCo

> Yes, you can take a link to each particular book, like:
>
> http://www.webmentorlibrary.com/Files/DisplayMainFrame.asp?DocRef={0000-0024}
>
> and download it with Level=2. Then take another URL and so on.
>
> Oleg.
Amanco 11/2/2004 6:10:00 PM
Oleg could you please remove the username and password. thanks
Oleg Chernavin 11/3/2004 2:45:00 AM
Done.

Oleg.
Amanco 6/8/2006 8:05:59 AM
hi Oleg,

i am back again after some time, i didn't have any luck the other day on downloading the site i am trying again with the latest version, maybe you upgraded some settings that can allow me to download the website. please let me know, i am emailing you both the login and the password to your email.

thank you.

Oleg Chernavin 6/8/2006 8:28:59 AM
Yes, I received your E-mail. I will work on it and get back with you.

Oleg.