MetaProduct User Forums

Portable Offline Browser virtual box

Portable Offline Browser

more details   development history   free download   buy now  

Projects deleted!!!

Muhammad Tasneem 9/26/2016 6:17:30 AM
I am using POB version 6.9

The day before yesterday, I have open/use POB after a month and download some pages from w3schools, everything works fine till than but when yesterday I start POB to continue the downloading, there is no project in the list.... I have shocked because its first time ever I face this problem.... Is there any possibility to restore my all project list? I don't know the counting but they are many ... and I have spent huge time to configure the rules as my requirements.

Thanks in advance.
Oleg Chernavin 9/26/2016 8:45:50 AM
In most cases, it is easy to recover lost projects. All Projects are in the webdown.dat file, and there are many backups of that file.

Open the Options dialog | Advanced | File Locations section. Please see the Projects, Maps and Templates folder location.

Now quit the program, open Windows Explorer and browse to that folder. Select all files with the webdown filename (webdown.dat is the Projects file, the rest are backup copies) and copy them to another directory to keep them intact.

Select the most recent file with the maximum size and copy it back under the webdown.dat filename.

Start Portable Offline Browser to see if all of your Projects are in place. If something is wrong with the Projects list, try to repeat the process with another webdown file.

Best regards,
Oleg Chernavin
MP Staff
Muhammad Tasneem 9/27/2016 1:16:04 AM
Thanks a lot... It works
Oleg Chernavin 9/27/2016 1:56:02 AM
Great! You are welcome!

Oleg.